Women in RACHP Career Development >>BOOK NOW<<
Fri 23rd Jun 2017 09:30
Venue Cool Concerns,Twyning, GL20 6BY
Speaker Jane Gartshore
Oganiser IOR and Women in RACHP
As part of the International Woman in Engineering Day on the 23rd June the Women in RACHP network will be holding a training course focusing on career development for women from the RACHP industry. The event is being hosted by Cool Concerns and will offer delegates the opportunity to have hands on practical experience of working with refrigeration equipment as well as taking part in an interactive afternoon session focusing on personal and career development.
Refrigeration Appreciation. Jane Gartshore
This practical session will enable non-technical people to gain a better understanding of how a refrigeration system works. Delegates will look closely at a system and gain hands on experience. The session will include:
- Charging the refrigeration system
- Fitting electronic loggers to monitor the system remotely
- Brazing an interesting test piece.
Dress code: Due to the practical nature of this session please wear jeans / trousers and closed, flat shoes such as trainers.
Harnessing your power to develop your career. Carole Bond
During this interactive session delegates will have the opportunity step outside their busy working lives and spend time reflecting upon their career and drafting a plan to help achieve their career goals. Delegates will gain a better understanding and engage with some of the key aspects of working with:
- Power - identifying, understanding and developing different types of power both in the workplace and within themselves
- Self-promotion - Learning to take a proactive lead in developing their own careers, evaluating the pros and cons of self promotion and creating a self promotion and career development plan.
Certification: All attendees will receive an IOR Certificate of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The IOR and Woman in RACHP Organised By: Sponsor